- Silhouette InstaLift meets an unmet anti-aging need. Until now no minimally invasive method for lifting the underlying tissue of the face has been available.
- Silhouette InstaLift is a minimally invasive solution that delivers a great option to patients for whom face lift surgery is not their preferred approach.
- The procedure helps increase and restore volume to the mid-face and cheek area for a natural-looking more youthful appearance
- A huge part of the patient appeal is that the outcome is immediate, with results getting better over time
- Long lasting results that are complimentary to other aesthetic treatments
- FDA-cleared in April 2015
- Average cost of the procedure: Treatment pricing varies by geographic region and number of sutures to be used. The projected average fee for Silhouette InstaLift is $3,000 vs. the average cost of a facelift of $12,000 in 2016, according to RealSelf.com.
Silhouette InstaLift™ sutures are made in the U.S. from glycolide/L-lactide (PLGA), a commonly used biomedical co-polymer that is well tolerated by the body. The fully resorbable sutures lift and reposition subdermal tissue while the resorbable bi-directional cones hold the sutures and facial skin in an elevated position. Over time the implanted PLGA suture and cones also stimulate collagen production to help increase and restore volume to the mid-face for natural-looking, long lasting results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Silhouette InstaLift™ FDA cleared?
The product earned FDA-clearance in April 2015.
Q. Who is a good candidate to have a Silhouette InstaLift procedure?
Silhouette InstaLift is the ideal minimally-invasive solution for many men and women who are interested in refreshing their appearance without major surgery, injections or lasers. It offers a new and unique technology to lift sagging facial skin.
Q. What are Silhouette InstaLift sutures made of?
Silhouette InstaLift sutures are made from glycolide/L-lactide (PLGA), a polymer that is frequently used in medical devices and is well tolerated by the body. The fully resorbable sutures have bidirectional cones that provide both lift and excellent anchoring to the subcutaneous tissue.
Q. What can Silhouette InstaLift do to improve my appearance?
Sagging facial skin is one of the major contributors to an aged and tired appearance. Silhouette InstaLift is a minimally-invasive procedure that enhances the contours of your face by lifting the deeper layers of your skin for a more youthful look.
Q. What areas of the face does Silhouette InstaLift™ treat?
The procedure lifts and helps increase volume and restore contours to the mid-face and cheek area.
Q. How is the Silhouette InstaLift procedure performed?
During the in-office procedure, a specially-trained physician will begin by marking the areas of desired lift on the patient. He / she will then gently insert a needle to a depth of 5mm and guide it through the subcutaneous tissue and extract at each bi-directional exit point. The sutures have bidirectional absorbable cones that hold them in place. The treatment is well tolerated by patients and typically takes 45 minutes.
Q. Is general anesthesia required?
No. Your physician will only use local anesthetic to numb the area before inserting the sutures.
Q. How is Silhouette InstaLift different from Thread Lifts?
Silhouette InstaLift is an entirely new technology and procedure. Rather than temporarily moving the surface of the skin with hooks and barbs, InstaLift™ repositions the underlying layers of the skin with our patented bi-directional cones. Another very important advance is that InstaLift is fully resorbable and thus not permanent. As the InstaLift™ sutures and cones are resorbed, they stimulate collagen renewal, which helps increase and restore volume to the mid-face for natural-looking, long lasting results.
Q. How much does Silhouette InstaLift™ cost?
The treatment fee varies according to each patient’s needs and the number of sutures required. The range in our practice is [Insert fees here].
Q. Where can I have Silhouette InstaLift performed?
Silhouette InstaLift is only performed by qualified physicians who have undergone special comprehensive training. We now offer Silhouette InstaLift in our practice.